OTHM Level 3 Diploma in Business Studies qualification will provide you with an in-depth understanding of the operations and structure of businesses. Successful completion of this qualification will equip you with the underpinning knowledge and skills required to succeed in employment or further studies.
OTHM Level 3 qualifications represent practical knowledge, skills, capabilities and competences that are assessed in academic terms as being equivalent to GCE AS/A Levels.
Qualification Structure and Content
OTHM Level 3 Diploma in Business Studies qualification consists of 4 mandatory units plus 2 optional units for a combined total of 60 credits, 600 hours Total Qualification Time (TQT) and 360 Guided Learning Hours (GLH) for the completed qualification.
4 Mandatory Units:
- Introduction to Research and Academic Skills (10 credits)
- Using IT for Business (10 credits)
- Introduction to Economics and Accounting (10 credits)
- Introduction to the Business Environment (10 credits)
2 Optional Units of your choice:
- Introduction to Customer Service (10 credits)
- Managing Business Events (10 credits)
- Introduction to Marketing (10 credits)
- Introduction to People Management (10 credits)
Duration & Delivery
- 6 months
- Online learning (Learning management system & live webinars)
OTHM the UK based Awarding Organisation (Certification body) approved and regulated by Ofqual (Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulation) in England.
- Year 1 of a three-year UK Bachelor’s degree
- Pursue OTHM Level 4 Diploma in Business Management
- As this OTHM qualification is approved and regulated by Ofqual (Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulation), many universities acknowledge the ability of students after studying Level 3 Diploma in Business Studies and consider for direct entry into a range of their Bachelor's degree programmes.