OTHM Level 3 Foundation Diploma for Higher Education Studies is to provide you with a foundation as an entry route to UK and international university courses. It is designed to ensure that each learner is equipped with knowledge of study skills, mathematics, computing, society and culture, business and accounting, providing the knowledge and skills to adapt rapidly to change and progress with their learning. Successful completion of the Level 3 Foundation Diploma for Higher Education Studies provides learners with the opportunity to progress to further study or employment.
OTHM qualifications at RQF Level 3 represent practical knowledge, skills, capabilities and competencies that are assessed in academic terms as being equivalent to GCE AS/A Levels.
Qualification Structure and Content
OTHM Level 3 Foundation Diploma for Higher Education Studies consists of 6 mandatory units for a combined total of 120 credits, 1200 hours Total Qualification Time (TQT) and 600 Guided Learning Hours (GLH) for the completed qualification.
6 Mandatory Units:
- Academic English and Study Skills (20 credits)
- Foundation Mathematics (20 credits)
- Foundation Computing (20 credits)
- Society and Culture (20 credits)
- Introduction to Business (20 credits)
- Foundation Accounting and Economics (20 credits)
Duration & Delivery
- 10 months
- Online learning (Learning management system & live webinars)
OTHM the UK based Awarding Organisation (Certification body) approved and regulated by Ofqual (Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulation) in England.
- Opportunity for academic progressions to a wide range of undergraduate programmes, including OTHM Level 4 diplomas, such as the OTHM Level 4 Diploma in Business Management