OTHM Level 4 Diploma in Business Management qualification is to provide you with an excellent foundation for building a career in a range of organisations. It is designed to ensure each student is "business ready": a confident, independent thinker with a detailed knowledge of business and management and equipped with the skills to adapt rapidly to change.
The content of OTHM Level 4 Diploma in Business Management qualification is focused on managing business communication, understanding the business environment and organisations in a global context, business functions including people management, quantitative methods in business, finance for managers, research and academic writing.
The qualification is ideal for those who have started, or are planning to move into, a career in private or public sector business. Successful completion of the Level 4 Diploma in Business Management qualification will enable learners to progress to further study or employment.
OTHM qualifications at Level 4 represent practical knowledge, skills, capabilities and competences that are assessed in academic terms as being equivalent to Higher National Certificates (HNC) and Year 1 of a three-year UK Bachelor's degree programme.
Qualification Structure and Content
OTHM Level 4 Diploma in Business Management consists of 6 mandatory units for a combined total of 120 credits, 1200 hours Total Qualification Time (TQT) and 480 Guided Learning Hours (GLH) for the completed qualification.
6 Mandatory Units:
- Research and Academic Writing (20 credits)
- Business Environment (20 credits)
- Introduction to Business Communication (20 credits)
- Introduction to Quantitative Methods (20 credits)
- Introduction to Business Functions (20 credits)
- Introduction to Finance (20 credits)
Duration & Delivery
- 10 months
- Online learning (Learning management system & live webinars)
OTHM the UK based Awarding Organisation (Certification body) approved and regulated by Ofqual (Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulation) in England.
- OTHM Level 5 Diploma in Business Management
- Direct entry into Year 2 of a three-year UK Bachelor’s degree programme