OTHM Level 6 Diploma in Business Management qualification is to provide you with an excellent foundation for a career in a range of organisations. It is designed to ensure that each learner is ‘business ready’: a confident, independent thinker with a detailed knowledge of business and management and equipped with the skills to adapt rapidly to change. The content of the qualification is focused on leadership and people management, strategic human resource management, operations management, sustainable business practice, financial decision making as well as the business research skills expected of a manager.
OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership qualification is to develop strategic management and leadership skills for managers who have the authority and personal attributes to translate organisational strategy into effective operational performance. This qualification reflects current practice in Strategic Management and Leadership and allows learners to develop and expand their high-level understanding of strategic management and leadership in the workplace. This qualification is suitable for mature learners with a background in academic study or industry. The qualification has a clear work-related emphasis on practical skills development alongside theoretical fundamentals. Successful completion of the Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership qualification will equip learners with the key skills and capabilities to become an effective strategic manager. The qualification also allows learners to progress into or within employment and/or continue their study towards an MBA with advanced standing.
The OTHM Level 7 diplomas on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) are at the same level as master’s degrees. However, they are shorter (120 credits) and students will have to proceed to the dissertation stage (60 credits) with a university to achieve a full master or MBA.
Qualification Structure and Content
OTHM Level 6 Diploma in Business Management consists of 6 mandatory units for a combined total of 120 credits, 1200 hours Total Qualification Time (TQT) and 480 Guided Learning Hours (GLH) for the completed qualification.
6 Mandatory Units:
- Leadership and People Management (20 credits)
- Business Research Project (20 credits)
- Operations Management (20 credits)
- Financial Decision Making (20 credits)
- Sustainable Business Practices (20 credits)
- Strategic Human Resource Management (20 credits)
OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership consists of 4 mandatory units and 2 optional units, making a combined total of 120 credits, 1200 hours Total Qualification Time (TQT) and 600 Guided Learning Hours (GLH) for the completed qualification. To achieve the OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership, you must achieve a minimum of 120 credits; 80 credits must be achieved from the mandatory units in Group A, plus a minimum of 40 credits from the optional units in Group B.
Group A - Mandatory Units:
- A/616/2724 Strategic Management (20 credits)
- R/617/5012 Strategic Leadership (20 credits)
- F/616/2725 Strategic Human Resource Management (20 credits)
- TJ/616/2726 Advanced Business Research Methods (20 credits)
Group B - Two Optional Units of your choice:
- L/616/2727 Strategic Financial Management (20 credits)
- Y/616/2729 Entrepreneurship and Innovation (20 credits)
- R/616/2728 Supply Chain and Operations Management (20 credits)
- L/616/2730 Globalisation and Corporate Governance (20 credits)
- R/616/2731 Strategic Change Management (20 credits)
- Y/616/2732 Strategic Marketing (20 credits)
Duration & Delivery
- 20 months (10 months level 6 & 10 months level 7)
- Online learning (Learning management system & live webinars)
OTHM the UK based Awarding Organisation (Certification body) approved and regulated by Ofqual (Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulation) in England.
- OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership qualification enables learners to progress into or within employment and/or continue their further study. As this OTHM qualification is approved and regulated by Ofqual (Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulation), students are eligible to progress to an MBA top-up with advanced standing.